What better way to ring in the winter than by cooking a warm homemade meal in your crockpot? Head on over to your favorite butcher shop in MA, Main Course Market, for your one-stop shopping needs! Get all the ingredients, like fresh ground beef and sausage of your choice for this hearty and flavorsome chili recipe.
You can find everything you need to make this recipe at your local MA butcher shop!
Slow Cooker Chili With Sausage
If you have any diet restrictions or prefer to substitute any ingredients, you’re welcome to! Make this recipe your own to fit your preferences, and check out our selection of meat to explore any other options!
- 1 pound of sausage
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 3 cans of undrained diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 small chopped yellow onions
- One 12 oz can of preferred beer
- 8 cooked and crushed bacon strips
- 5 peeled garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of chopped pickled jalapenos
- ¼ cup of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Extra toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, etc.
- Brown the sausage and ground beef in a skillet on medium/high heat. Make sure the beef is cooked through, with no pink. You may have to use two skillets for this! Once cooked, drain the fat and set aside.
- Take your two chopped onions and caramelize them on medium/high heat in another skillet. This will add a touch of sweetness to the chili and enhance its flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Take your garlic cloves, place them on a small baking pan, and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until garlic is soft and slightly brown. When you’re finished baking, let the garlic cool and squeeze garlic into the crockpot.
- Put all ingredients, including meat, into the crockpot and mix them together. Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on low heat.
- Once the chili is finished cooking, garnish with preferred toppings like sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, and parsley! Serve and enjoy!
Visit Your Favorite Butcher Shop in MA, Main Course Market!
Whether for game day, holiday festivities, get-togethers, or more, we have all the items ready to host your next event. We do more than just high-quality cuts of meat! Shop us for prepared food, wine, cheese, desserts, and other items! We’re open Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 7 pm and Sunday from 9 am to 6 pm!