It’s time for some summer fun with a new delicious and authentic brisket taco recipe! Next time you’re at the top butcher shop in MA, make sure to pick up the ingredients for this dish. The Main Course Market carries the finest meats and cuts. Also, our knowledgeable butchers will cut, season & prepare your meats to your specifications. Thus, let’s get into this savory cut of meat commonly found in summer BBQs.
MA Butcher Shop Brisket Cut
When it comes to cuts of meat, there’s a lot of them. Brisket refers to the lower breast or pectoral muscles of a cow. Due to the location, it tends to be a very tough cut of meat. Why? It’s full of connective tissues because it’s a well-exercised region! Thus, this makes brisket the perfect candidate for slow cooking processes.
Slow-Cooked Brisket Tacos with a Summery Salsa
Get ready for watering tastebuds as you prepare this recipe for slow-cooked brisket tacos with a sweet and savory salsa topping.
- Two uncooked bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- One medium-size white onion, chopped
- Two teaspoons kosher salt
- One teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-lb.) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Three canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Three tablespoons adobo sauce
- Three garlic cloves
- One tablespoon ground cumin
- One tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- One tablespoon honey
- One teaspoon dried oregano
- Two tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 10-12 flour tortillas
- One container of summer salsa of your choice
- Place the bacon and chopped onion into a large slow cooker. Stir together the salt and pepper and spread it over all sides of the brisket. Then, place the brisket into the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken broth, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic cloves, cumin Worcestershire sauce, honey, and oregano in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour the mixture over the brisket. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours, or until fork-tender.
- Once cooked, transfer the brisket to a baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan and cover over medium to high heat until reduced to ⅓ cup. Then, stir in the vinegar.
- Chop the brisket and serve with tortillas. Drizzle the sauce over the meat and serve with a delicious summer salsa of your choice!
Best Butcher Shop in MA
If you’re looking for a delicious variety of to-go dinners and premium meats, stop by The Main Course Market! It is our passion to provide our customers with exceptional quality, product expertise, and unparalleled service. Questions? Give us a call at 781-821-0005 or visit us at 11 Washington Street in Canton, MA.