With Thanksgiving and National Cranberry Relish day both around the corner, our team at Main Course Market wanted to share a quick and easy recipe to recreate the favorite that is loved so much that it got a day named after it. Not much of a cook? Main Course Market also offers catering in Boston, allowing you to sit back while bringing delicious food right to you!
Fresh Cranberry Relish
One of the many things that most families cannot see their Thanksgiving dinner without is filled with cranberry as it goes so wonderfully with their turkey. This quick and straightforward recipe only needs three ingredients to make it sweet and tangy. In addition to the super simple ingredient list, it only takes about 5 minutes of preparation and zero cook time.
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 1 orange with the peel on.
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- Slice off the edge roots of the orange just until you start to see the inner flesh of the orange. Leave the rest of the skin on the orange and start slicing it into eight pieces.
- Place the cranberries, orange slices, and sugar into a food processor and blend until there are no large chunks to the mash.
- Once the mash has been made, refrigerate the product until it is ready to serve. The relish tastes the best when it has been chilled for at least an hour.
Cranberry relish can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks. When kept in the freezer, the relish can last up to two or three months.
Vitamin A: 165IU
Vitamin C: 38.3mg
Finding Catering In Boston
Still, missing some of those staple items for the perfect Thanksgiving dinner? Main Course Market offers catering in Boston. With the holidays now right around the corner, there is no better chance than right now to get the help you need instead of stressing over it when the big day comes. So what are you waiting for?
Call us today at (781) 821-0005 or visit our Canton, Mass location.