When planning an event, one of the many planning steps to be made is deciding if you want a caterer. Catering services give you the option of handing off food preparation to someone else so you can focus on other parts of your event. There are different types of catering offering different planning, pricing and ordering procedures.
Some general types of catering to consider are:
- Wedding Catering, which makes a big impact on weddings. Planning includes decorations, dinner, dessert and what to drink.
- Social Event Catering covers birthday parties, retirement parties, backyard barbeques, graduation parties, and other social events. There are a wide range of events and foods for these parties.
- Corporate Catering can range from small office trainings or meetings to larger events. Having great food delivered on site saves time and money and takes away the task of focusing on food. Instead you can focus on your business. Popular items for this include continental breakfasts, box lunches and buffets.
- Concession catering is usually seasonal or a sporting public event. These are places where you find a lot of people you will always find catered food. Having the right menu choices is key. Favorites range from hot dogs and hamburgers to chili cheese fries and ice cream.
You are in control of what you order. There are so many choices with a catering company that it’s easy to end up with more food than you need.
- Knowing how many people will be coming before you call to get an estimate will help you budget better and eliminate unnecessary menu changes at the last minute.
- See what delivery methods your caterer provides. While it’s not very common, an option can be to pick up the food at the caterer’s location. One of the more common delivery methods for corporate and social events is where the caterer delivers the food. For buffets and banquets you can request the caterer prepare the tables and food serving area. Or you may be able to request that the food be professionally served and cooked on site.
Know your budget before you order. For most caterers, pricing is determined on a dollar/person pricing model. So an easy way to create your budget is just to determine the total amount you want to spend and divide it by the estimated number of people. Having this number to start with will help the caterer get you more for your money!
Caterers want to provide you amazing food that fits both your event and your budget. The more information they have, the better the job they can do. If you’re looking for catering in Canton, MA for a special event, dinner party, or business gathering, Main Course Market offers an array of options that are perfect for any event. Give us a call at 781-821-0005 for more information.