In many different areas, January is considered one of the coldest months of the year. This is especially true for regions like New England. It is probably why January was named National Soup Month! Our team at Main Course Market knows how important it is for you and your family to stay warm. That is why we are one of the top providers of prepared meals in Boston, including soups! Today, Main Course Market is to celebrate the month and keep you warm by sharing a great recipe with simple ingredients that you can get when you stop by!
This recipe is for Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. Here are the things that you will need.
- Three boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. Ground cumin, ground coriander, and salt
- 2 tbsp. Dried oregano and masa harina
- ½ tsp paprika and red pepper flakes
- 2 15 ounce cans of cannellini beans
- 2 4 ounce cans of green chilis
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 10 ounces bag of corn
- Shredded cheese, avocado, and lime wedges for topping
- Put your chicken into a 6 – 8 quart slow cooker. Mix the cumin, coriander, oregano, paprika, salt, and red pepper flakes into a bowl. Once mixed, sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken.
- Add the beans, chili, garlic, and broth into the slow cooker on top of everything else. Cover and cook it on low until the chicken is cooked and easy to shred. This should take about 7 to 8 hours.
- Take the chicken out and place it into a medium-sized bowl. Shred-it with two forks.
- Combine the heavy cream and masa harina into a different, small bowl. Mix the two until they make a smooth mixture.
- Replace the chicken into the slow cooker along with the heavy cream and masa mixture and the frozen corn. Cover the pot again and let it cook on low until the chili thickens and the corn is warm. This should be about a half-hour. Once done, ladle the chili into bowls and top everything off with your cheese of choice, avocado, and lime.
Staying Warm with Prepared Meals from Main Course Market
Main Course Market is your provider of prepared meals in Boston. For years, our team has been making sure that you and your family are warm and full of great food. In addition to soups, we have a full butcher shop, seafood, deli, and even catering!
Warm up this winter and visit 11 Washington Street in Canton, MA, for your premade soups and soup ingredients.