Winter has finally arrived here in New England. High winds, chilly days, and plenty of snow are just a few things keeping people cozied up inside. Here at The Main Course Market, we love creating the best prepared meals in Canton, MA, to keep life easy during these times. However, another favorite pastime is rolling up the sleeves and making a big batch of homemade chili.
With February 23rd being National Chili Day, we thought this a perfect time to share an easy, delicious recipe for at-home smoked beef chili.
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Pour the olive oil in and add the beef cubes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Put the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Return the beef to the pot. Stir in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, and frozen corn. Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the chili sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve the chili with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, and cilantro.
Note: Use a smoker to smoke the beef before cooking it or use smoked brisket instead of regular beef for enhanced flavor.
The best prepared meals in Canton, MA
Whether you’re cooking or looking for a meal on the go, The Main Course Market has everything you need. As a premier butcher shop, we proudly offer our customers various options to ensure dinner is a hit! Visit us today, roll up those sleeves, and remember to share your favorite chili photos with us on Facebook! We can’t wait to see what you have cooking.